- The Antelope Valley Board of Trade is an important vehicle for YOU to shape tomorrow’s business climate.
- The Antelope Valley Board of Trade is an important forum for YOU to present issues and concerns and make valuable business contacts.
- The Antelope Valley Board of Trade is an important resource to help YOU solve business challenges.
The AVBOT and You:
If not yet a member, we invite your company to join the Antelope Valley Board of Trade. The Board is engaged in activities that promote economic growth and diversity through expanding employment opportunities, building quality infra-structures, creating a positive business climate, and being a strong legislative lobby.
Historically, the Antelope Valley Board of Trade has been the principal proponent in:
- Building of the Antelope Valley Freeway;
- Spearheading of the east branch of the California Aqueduct and its distribution system in the Antelope Valley;
- Bringing the FAA Flight Control Center to Palmdale;
- Construction of Mayflower Garden, a 550 unit senior citizen housing facility;
- Maintaining important census and demographic data as an associate office U.S. Department of Commerce;
- Campaigning to bring a four-year State University to the High Desert;
- Establishing the Metrolink
Today, a membership of more than 200 of the Antelope Valley’s business leaders working on such important matters as:
- Developing a “united front” to promote employment and employers in the Antelope Valley;
- Evaluating legislative matters that affect business and general quality of life in the Antelope Valley;
- Supporting the efforts to building The Palmdale Regional Airport and the economic pluses it would bring;
- Improving the Antelope Valley Freeway; State Route 138, and promoting the development of logical thoroughfares connecting home and the workplace;
- Improving the quality of membership and client services, especially as they pertain to economic and demographic data, lobbying and being an effective resource in solving your business problems;
- Edwards Air Force Base (EAFB) retention;
- Air/water quality